Thursday, August 4, 2011

Come Drive the Friendly States

I have taken many road trips over the years.  You could call me a road trip junkie.  Usually I’m focused on seeing as many things and visiting as many places as possible along our particular route.  In June Dan and I took a cross-country trip that was all about seeing people 
When I moved to LA I left many friends behind in New England and after 6 years here, many friends have left me behind in LA.  I’m sure you’ve heard it said that no one in LA is from is LA.  This rings especially true when I think about all the people I have met here over the years that have moved “back home.”  Although this makes for many sad goodbyes, it means that I have ended up with friends living all over the country.  And on this trip we made it a point to see as many of them as we could!
(Note: we actually saw quite a few more people on our trip than are pictured below; however, if you have read this blog in the past you will know that I often have trouble remembering to snap shots in late night situations.  I think my camera is just too damn bulky; I don’t want to mess with it when I’m having a good time.  It has been added to the list of things I need to work on!  Actually, it may have been the very first thing on the list.  Seeing as a focus of this blog will be music in LA, I'd better fix it fast!)
In no particular order …












Hmmmm.  I seem to know multiples of Matts, Adams, Jens, and Danielles.  The hula hoop Matt and the penguin Matt happen to be the same person, however.


Oh, and one more ... how could I forget??

Incidentally, I have now been to all of the lower 48 states!  Oregon was the last one on the list.  I'm saving my pennies for Alaska and Hawaii ...

No comments:

Post a Comment