Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tournamet of Babies

Ever feel like you’re lagging behind?  You don’t really mind, but you’re hoping no one else will notice?  This is why I usually choose a spot at the back of the room in aerobics classes.
During my summer road trip I got the distinct feeling that I was lagging behind.  Behind what?  The baby train.  I don’t want to say I am “falling” behind because that would imply that I am trying to keep up.  No, I most certainly am not ready to board that train.  However, a cause for introspection is there in the parade of the gorgeous little faces of Jimmy and Jennie's Cali...



Vinod and Christine's Chethan...


Danielle and Matt's rambunctious crew of Emma-Ruth, Daniel, Elijah, and Caleb...


And of course, my adorably perfect and perfectly adorable nephew AJ...


Who, as evidenced below, absolutely loves his uncle Danny.





Me on the other hand?  Well, see for yourself...


So, maybe you can see why I'm dillydallying, dragging my feet, straggling, and otherwise lagging.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He loves you. Really. I can't remember why he was fussing though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, he does - that goodness! That pic is representative of how most other babies react to me. :o/ I think AJ knows instinctually that I'm related to him... and that my feelings would get hurt if he didn't love me. ;o)

    ReplyDelete