Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pianos and Pretty Ladies

After writing my first ever potentially controversial post yesterday, Dan and I went to Pasadena for a day of $2 movies.  I saw Super 8 (awesome) and Mr. Popper's Penguins (I know, I know.  $2 bucks, though!)  I found myself a little uncomfortable as I was watching Jim Carry get pooped on by a penguin - and not just because I was watching Jim Carry get pooped on by a penguin.  I was fidgeting in my seat because I was worried about upsetting someone with my views on the whole Sunset Junction Music Festival debacle.  You see, I'm a people-pleaser. That's a whole other post. 

As I fidgeted my way back to Hollywood I found myself wishing that I had the soothing sound of Jaime Black to accompany me home.  I discovered Jaime Black last week when I walked with a friend to The Piano Bar on a whim.  They have free music every night of the week and we were in the mood for some free and some music.

We were greeted with the sound of Jaime's soft voice and ethereal melodies.  I would describe her music as "yoga folk."  This is not usually my cup of tea, but her calming presence on stage coupled with unexpected instrumentation made for an engaging night of music.
 

Jaime's ReverbNation page describes her genre as "gothic folk."  I love that. Although I feel the recordings online do not do justice to her live performance, they do retain the calming effect. 

As you can see from the photo above, The Piano Bar is a cool little spot.  Would you like to see more photos of the space?  Why don't we start in the bathroom.

 
{ Very cool music sheet wall with a little added love. }
 Ok, I may have only taken 3 photos, 2 of which were in the bathroom.  Sorry about that.  I promise to be a better blogger in the future.  While you wait, check out Jaime's gothic/yoga/folk here.

No comments:

Post a Comment