Monday, August 1, 2011

Re-boarding the Train at Inspiration Station

There is something to be said for inspiration.  And say it I will.  When I started this blog, I was reading multiple blogs just about every day.  They inspired me not only to cook new foods or try wearing lipstick (seriously), but to find my own voice and tell my own stories.  During the entire month of July I can’t remember reading any blogs at all.  Perhaps not so coincidentally, I completely abandoned my own blog.
Last night I revisited some of my old favorite guilty pleasure blogs such as www.thepioneerwoman.com and www.cupcakesandcashmere.com .  Not surprisingly, I felt the sparks of inspiration flicker and then the ideas started to flow.  After a few moments sitting on the couch considering my lack of focus and what an old preacher from my Bible College days called 'stick-to-it-iveness', I remembered a quote from a contestant in a Cupcake Wars episode I recently viewed on Hulu: “Ain’t nothin’ to it, but to do it.”
I’m looking for a phrase to sum up what I’m saying here.  Hmmmm … how about, “I’m back!”  I will be posting some brief recaps of the lapsed time and then will head into the main focus of this blog: music and life in LA … living it as if “tomorrow we die.”

No comments:

Post a Comment